Friday, August 19, 2011

Veggie Pancakes .....Say What??

Yep Veggie Pancakes and they are GOOOOOOD! I am esp. loving the fact that my 1 yr old who is starting to take after her sister's pickyness absolutely LoVeD these! Of course she liked them dipped in ketchup but....so did I! lol
I am often searching for kid friendly meals that will introduce or lure my girls to more veggies but most sites I come accross that offer kids friendly recipes, I look at the recipe and say...."Are you kidding me?? My daughter would not touch that with a ten foot pole even WITH that happy face design on top!!" Maybe my household is just an extreme case of the pickys but with some of the recipes I see I would pay money to actually see a kid sit there enjoying those meals!!

One websight I do have SOME luck with for meal ideas is http://weelicious.com/  don't get me wrong, many of her recipes are fantastic, but I see them as recipes I would enjoy more and not so much the girls.....

So back to the Veggie Pancakes! I made these the other night and while my 4 yr old still turned her nose at them, my 1 yr old ate 3 of them! So one out of two kid approved is a winner in my book!






Veggie Pancakes (14 Pancakes)
1 Carrot, grated
1 Zucchini, grated
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
Oil or Canola Oil Spray
1. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and pour over vegetables.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture. Toss to combine.
4. Coat saute pan with oil or spray over medium heat.
5. Place 1 Tbsp of vegetable mixture in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve.
*Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe Source: http://weelicious.com/2009/04/15/veggie-pancakes/


No comments:

Post a Comment