Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Countdown To Christmas!

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas around here! Today the girls, hubby and I decorated our tree. Maybe because this is the first Christmas my husband been home from over seas in a few years, or maybe because we have much to be thankful for this year but the tree looked so much more cheerful and festive to me than it has in past years!
I have alot planned for the next couple of weeks (who doesn't huh?!) mainly in the kitchen so I am hoping to share at least one goodie per day with you! If I miss a day here and there I apologize but that is my goal at least! ;)

My FIRST yummy treat is one I love to add to my gift baskets or desert trays during the Holiday Season. Home Made Almond Roca!


Almond Roca
Ingredients:
2 cups butter
2 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1 11 1/2 oz package of milk chocolate pieces (I used a little more)
1 cup finely chopped nuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts,and or cashews (you may toast nuts for a fuller flavor if you want.)

Directions:
Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan: Set aside.

In a 3-quart saucepan melt butter.
Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water.
Cook over medium high heat until boiling.
stirring until sugar has desolved.
Avoid splashing the sides of the pan.
Carefully clip candy thermometer to the pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degrees (soft-crack stage. (about 15 minutes)
Mixture should boil at a moderate, steady rate over entire surface.
Remove from heat.

Pour mixture in to prepared pan and spread evenly.
Cool about 5 minutes or until top is set.
sprinkle on the chocolate chips and lets stand for two minutes. Spread chocolate over candy.
Sprinkle with nuts and press them gently into chocolate. Cool several hours or until set.

Use foil to lift candy out of pan. Break in to small pieces. Store in tightly covered container
Enjoy!

Blessings!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment