Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Greek Chicken Souvlaki




Heres a family favorite in our home to start out the grilling season! Quick and easy as well as kid friendly!




Greek Chicken Souvlaki


chicken BS Breasts or thighs cut into large chunks
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil

zest of 1 lemon

1 tsp dried basil

1 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp sumac
small pinch crushed red pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
large pinch black pepper

1 tsp minced garlic
veggies of choice cut into large 1 inch chunks
skewers-wooden or metal


Place all ingredients except veggies into a large zip lock bag. Let marinade for 30 mins to an hour. Skewer meat and veggies onto a skewer (pre-soak skewer in water if using wooden ones)Discard marinade. Grill on med high heat until no longer pink in center turning once half way through cooking.

Serve with pita bread and choice of sides!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee, you left a comment on my tulips photo in my blog.....I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and answer your question: Yep I took that photo. It's a pot of tulips I took to work, they bloomed out so beautifully, I took pictures of them for a week! That picture I took with the tulips sitting against a solid color wall. Then using elements I added the texture to it, turned out pretty. I love to play with textures and colors, and every once in a while one of them turns out pretty neat :)

    ReplyDelete