Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dinner tonight: Asian Grilled wings with Steamed Rice, Roasted Carrots and Brussel sprouts









Dinner tonight: Asian Grilled wings with Steamed Rice, Roasted Carrots and Brussel sprouts Recipe:


chicken pieces of choice (wings, thighs or drums)


1/4 cup soy sauce


1/4 cup packed brown sugar


1/2 tsp curry powder


2-3 cloves garlic minced


1/2 tsp crushed red pepper


1 TB lime juice ( I was out so I used lemon)


sesame seeds for garnish




combine marinade ingredients in freezer size zip lock bag and add chicken pieces. Marinade in refrigerator for 3 hrs turning occasionally.


Heat grill to med heat. Remove chicken from marinade and set aside. Place marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and allow to boil a minute or two to kill any bacteria from chicken. Grill chicken pieces basting with marinade often until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink and juices run clear. Aprox 12-20 mins depending on pieces. Remove chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.

~~~~~~~~~


I have not had brussel sprouts since I was little and have always sworn up and down that I HATED them! I remember being forced to eat these boiled vinegary things and could hardly swallow each bite without gagging! I have lately been wondering if maybe I might like them now as an adult esp cooked in a different method than what was given to me ( my family was not known for their culinary endeavors......well I am SOOOOO glad I took the leap finally to give them a go esp. with roasting them! I absolutely loved them and was even dissapointed I didn't make more! Even more shocking was I convinced my 4 yr old (ok bribed with a popsicle more like) to try a bite and she actually liked them! If you knew my girl you would realize this is quite a miracle esp. when it comes to the battle of vegetables! But before I celebrate too much I will wait until I make them again and see if she will eat them or suddenly claim she no longer likes them.......sigh~



Roasted Carrots and Brussel Sprouts:


1/2 bag frozen carrot coins


1/2 bag frozen brussel sprouts


olive oil


salt pepper to taste 1 TB butter




Preheat oven to 400


Toss carrots and brussel sprouts with olive oilve in small baking dish. Season with salt/ pepper to your liking. Roast in oven approx 20 mins until just staring to lightly browm. Add butter and turn to coat. turn up oven to broil and cook until brown and slightly crispy.


No comments:

Post a Comment