Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Moments That Make The Difference~

Wishing a very Happy Father's Day to all the men out there who have bandaged skinned knees, looked under the bed for monsters, looked in the closet for monsters, checked under the bed again for monsters, held the back of bicycles that have newly been rid of traininng wheels, played ballerina when they thought no one else was looking, who has worn a tiara at tea time while using his best table manners, emptied out their pockets so piggy banks can be newly filled before bed, sacrificed dreams for their families, worked 2-3 jobs to give a twinkle to litttle eyes come Christmas mornings, worked 2-3 jobs so food is always on the table, worked 2-3 jobs for that perfect Prom dress, worked 2-3 jobs for that perfect wedding, who risk their lives to prepare for learners permits, who shows that one saved bullet to the "first date" that comes to the door, who chokes down those cookies that a bit too much salt or baking soda was accidentally used yet then claim they were the BEST they have ever eaten.....the list of those often unseen moments can go on and on. But it is thos unseen moments that make such a difference in a child's life. Happy Father's Day to all the men who chose to be Daddys and not just fathers!
To my Daddy whom I always knew had a softer side....I miss you...."Bob" :-)
To my Husband of whom I could NOT ask for more in as a father to my children!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I read this online this week that I have been itching to pass on! I absolutely LOVE it! I found it on http://femininefarmgirl.blogspot.com/  So very inspiring!

Unashamed~


"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast.
The decision has been made.
I have stepped over the line. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or back away.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future, is secure.
I'm finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded.
I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power.
My face is set, my gait is fast my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow,
my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I can not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary,
negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, spoken for the case of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.
My banner is clear. I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed."


- A final testimony penned by an African Christian just before he was martyred for his faith.
After much looking, I was unable to find a source for this; there seems to be some uncertainty about exactly who said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment